Photographic Art Exhibit
Eligibility: Residents of Luna, Grant, Hidalgo, Sierra, or Doña Ana Counties.
- Divisions: Advanced, Adult, Junior
• Advanced - Any age. This category is for previous winners of a total of 2 or more blue ribbons in prior years in the Adult division in SWNM State Fair completions. Photo professionals must enter this category. If you are in doubt, please call Ron at 546-1184.
• Adult - Any age
• Junior - 18 years old or less
- Categories: Each photo may be entered in one-and-only-one of the categories listed below:
Photos of expanses of scenery that can be seen in a single view (a desert landscape), a picture depicting an expanse of scenery.
Flowers: Photo of a plant that is cultivated or appreciated for its blossoms.
Photos of inanimate objects, where inanimate means not having qualities associated with active, living organisms. example: bowls/baskets for flowers or fruit.
An effect used to produce images that cannot be achieved by standard photography.
Any photograph not fitting into other photo categories.
A protective wrapping consisting of a clear plastic film wrapped about the photo and then shrunk by heat to form a sealed, tight-fitting package.
Some forms of window insulation are produced that are made of shrink wrap material, framing shops, craft departments in stores.
- Entries: All photographs must be the work of the entrant, taken within the last three years, and must not have been entered in any previous SWNM State Fair.
- Entry Size:
• Adult or Advanced - 8x10 to 16x20 images - (max size including optional matting.) 20x24
• Junior - 4"x 6" or 5" x 7" images - with optional matting, package may be up to 8" x 10"
- Entry format: Only shrink wrapped photo entries (matting-optional) with appropriate firm backing (such as foam board) will be accepted. Each image package must contain a wall hanging device on the back and be securely packaged. The SWNM State Fair is not responsible for damages to the work entered.
- Photo Identification: The back of each entry must contain the following info:
a) “Junior”, “Adult”, or “Advanced” (as applicable);
c) Photographer’s name; and
d) Phone number
No name or identification is permitted on the front side of entries.
- Entry Limits:
• Junior: Prints may be entered (distributed among categories as the entrant chooses) at a fee of $1.00 each. Junior's may enter the Adult or Advanced divisions, but all entries must be submitted in a single division. The entries must follow rules for the division entered.
• Adult or Advanced: Prints may be entered (distributed among categories as the entrant chooses) at a fee of $2.00 per entry. Any "Adult" may enter the advanced division, but all entries are to be submitted in a single division following rules for that division.
- All entries will comply with standards of good taste.
- Judging: Photos will be judged based only on image content. Photos that do not meet requirements will not be judged. Photos that have been entered incorrectly in a category may be moved to a more appropriate category.
- Prizes: Cash prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place in each category. A “Best-of-Show” will be awarded for each division.
- Submitting Entries: Image entries will be accepted on Wednesday, October 8, 2014 from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Photo Pick-up: Exhibits must be removed Sunday, October 12, 2014 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm; or as indicated by SWNM State Fair official's.
To Download this page as .pdf Click Here